Heavy North – Fort McMurray, AB
Heavy North is seeking Entry-Level Field Engineering positions for work in the Fort McMurray and Edmonton areas. Duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Perform material takeoffs from drawings, specifications and other contract documents.
- Perform basic engineering calculations and technical drafting to support field operations.
- Assist in schedule maintenance and performing updates as directed by others.
- Assist in the maintenance of basic project record-keeping and correspondence functions including daily reports, photographs, and requests for information (RFIs).
- Providing as-built quantities to the project for job progress tracking.
- Provide field support and supervise subcontractor operations.
- Assist in the preparation of work plans and work packages.
- Provide field surveying and work layout support including elevation, control points, and compilation of as-built data.
- Assist in the preparation of Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s).
- Participate in job site safety reviews, toolbox meetings, mass safety meetings, and safety training.
- Order and schedule material deliveries.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate work groups on the job site.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong computer skills including ability to productively use Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Basic computer aided drafting (CAD) training.
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications.
- Willing to relocate and travel to projects in Western Canada.