Heavy North – Ft. McMurray, AB
Heavy North is seeking Intermediate to Senior Engineering position for work in the Ft. McMurray, AB area. Duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Working Design Engineers to develop innovative constructability design for civil oilfield projects.
- Conduct design reviews on pre-IFC drawings.
- Perform material takeoffs from drawings, specifications and other contract documents.
- Perform basic engineering calculations and technical drafting to support.
- Assist in schedule maintenance and performing updates as directed by others.
- Assist in the maintenance of basic project recordkeeping and correspondence functions including daily reports, photographs, and requests for information (RFIs).
- Providing as-built quantities to the project for job progress tracking.
- Assist in the preparation of work plans and work packages.
- Order and schedule material deliveries.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate work groups on the job site.
- The successful candidate must have a high degree of professionalism for this position.
- The successful candidate must be able to work in an office environment and be able to interact with designers and clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong computer skills including ability to productively use Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Basic computer aided drafting (CAD) training.
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications.
- Willing to relocate and travel to projects in Western Canada.